
Emi-chan was sick on and off since before Thanksgiving. It's been miserable. Not only for her, but for Mama and Papa, too. She was waking up every couple of hours because she couldn't breathe. She wouldn't eat. Yellow-green snot hanging from her nose (sorry for the gross imagery) and all clinging on us (we're clean now). Whining. Crying. Yaargh! Finally, she's better, and Rick and I are exhausted.
Now that she's better, Emi-chan's appetite has come back - with a vengeance. She's eating us out of house and home! She's even waking up in the wee hours of the morning because she's HUNGRY. Emi-chan's been demanding 2 eggs every morning. Plus she's eating things she's never tried or liked before. Oatmeal, pork spare ribs, chicken stew, ice cream, cheeseburgers, b-b-q chicken, just to name a few. Oh! And she's eating bread!!! Lordy! We thought she would never, ever try it! She does have a few quirks, though. She likes wheat bread with hummus, and for white bread, she likes mostly the crust.

She also tried an apple today. A big, unexpected surprise. I've been trying to get her to try apples for months, with no luck. I've been peeling them, pureeing them, slicing them, making cute little apple bunnies with them. All ejected. Recently, Emi-chan's became obsessed with apples on TV and in her books, so today when we went to Safeway, I bought a couple for her to look at. Before I knew it, she was gnawing on one, and seemed to enjoy it. Yeah!
Now, if she would try to eat veggies...
No comments:
Post a Comment