Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Ornament Tea Party


Recently, some of my girlfriends (Betsy, Calina, Cindy, Dina, Karen, and Lily) and I got together for our annual Ornament Tea Party. I can't believe it. This was our 11th year of getting together! That's a lot of ornaments. Let see...there are 7 of us girls, times 11, equals...a lot of ornaments (I don't do math after 8 PM)!

For the first few years, we just made a Christmas ornament for each woman. What ever inspiration hit us, that's what we made. The past 4 years or so, we decided to choose a theme and make an ornament for each woman based around that theme. For example, one year was fairy tales. Another was fashion. This year was recycling. We all made ornaments out of either recycled items and/or items we had around the home. We were allowed to purchase one item.


We got together at Betsy's home and had a wonderful time. We ate, and ate, and laughed, and laughed, and ate some more.

Then, finally we got around to exchanging our ornaments. I
can't believe how talented these women are! I was pretty impressed.

Try to guess who made what

Next year we're trying something a little different. We don't have to make an ornament, but we have to make something for each woman with red as a theme.

Calina and Lily



Betsy and Karen


Missing, Dina and Cindy, and Me (I'm taking the picts)

2 comments:

Chris M. said...

Hi Linda! I know I've never met you, but I feel like I know you. I read your blog from time to time. I'm good friends with JoAnn Higa and Coleen Nak. Just wanted to say "HI" and wish you a Merry Christmas. I like your post about the Christmas ornament party. It's good to be near good friends!

Chris Mason
Japan

P.S. Hope to meet you some day in the future.

Linda said...

Hi Chris! Thank you for the very nice post. I've heard about you from Jo and Coleen. I'm glad to finally "meet" you! I hope we can meet in person one day. Have a very wonderful Christmas! ~ Linda