A few days ago, our neighbors invited us to go with them and their sons to Bol Park in Palo Alto. I'd never, ever heard of this park and when they said there were donkeys there, I was intrigued. I pushed Rick and Emi-chan to eat a quick lunch and get ready to follow our neighbors to this park.
It was a confusing ride to the park. I'd never, ever find the place on my own. It's hidden a very quiet, beautiful, and secluded part of PA. In other words, a very exclusive part of PA. One would never suspect donkeys and chickens live in this part of town, but they do.
It was a very nice, quiet park. Emi-chan and our neighbors' sons had fun running around and playing on the play structures. Emi-chan especially loved playing "Papa Monster" where Rick, with a bad back, had to chase her up and down and through the play structures.
After a while, we decided to look for the donkeys. Much to the chagrin of one of the boys, Emi-chan borrowed his scooter and his toy dog. But she didn't mind.
We found where the donkeys live, but only one, very sad donkey was out and about. We're not sure if it was Perry or Niner (Mickey is in Donkey Heaven). Perry was the model for Donkey on the Shrek movies.
It was a fun little trip (except the place doesn't have bathrooms unless you count the bushes). We might try to go again if we can figure out how to get there.



No comments:
Post a Comment