On Sunday, Rick and I took a break from going to church (oops) and took my mom and my brother up to San Mateo to run some errands and to have lunch. Mom and bro wanted Chinese food. I didn't. We went our separate ways. They went to Hakka, a cheap and greasy Chinese restaurant (or as my dad would have called it, China-meshiya). Rick and I went to Ono Grill across the street.
Ono Grill is the second Hawaiian restaurant that opened in Downtown San Mateo, and it's down the street from L & L. I think it's the better of the two. Ono Grill tastes less like styrofoam compared to L & L.
Although I had visions of Loco Moco and kahlua pork dancing in my head, in reality, I wasn't very hungry, and neither was Rick. So, we decided to split a chicken katsu curry rice plate. I was just right. There was enough rice and chicken katsu for both of us, although I wished there was more potato mac salad :) All in all, it was a very satisfying lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment